Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Scrapbook Saga

For the past month I have been working on one assignment that has completely consumed me. The project was for a class I'm taking about Paris, called Paris: City of Light. We had to choose one of three options for said project: an essay, which I'm terrible at writing, a power point presentation based around one topic related to Paris, or plan a two week trip to Paris in the form of a scrapbook. Now in my usually logical thinking I said to myself, "Oh! A scrapbook, wouldn't that be fun and creative." What I didn't say was, "Oh! A scrapbook, that will take an infinite amount of your time and energy for the next month." So what did I do, I chose the scrapbook. I had one month to complete the project and in my mind that was easy. I even started my research right away, figuring out what hotel I would stay in and when I was going to go and what I was going do when I got there. I even had a long weekend during this month in which I spent 3 days working on this scrapbook. But it just was not getting done, in fact I think the longer I worked the more I had to do. Every night for the week before it was due I was up way past 3 am, gluing and cutting and typing like mad. I was even skipping classes so I could get this stupid thing done, but the miles of glue and paper seemed endless. And when I was just about to disappear into the very dark, never-ending, scrapbooking pit of despair there was a light at the end of the tunnel and I glued my very last piece of paper to that book. I handed in the project today, 2 days late, but it is done and I will be damned, to the scrapbooking pit of despair, if I don't get an A on it.

-Emily

1 comment:

Boo said...

Maybe I can see if I can work my magic to provide you with a rope ladder out of that pit!!!!